Braden Lee- Senior Spotlight

Lafayette Legend and All-Around Nice Guy Finishes his High School Career.
The newest Wahoo, Braden Lee

Some call him a hero, some call him a legend, I call him Braden Lee. Arguably Lafayette High School’s most decorated multisport athlete of all time is just about wrapping up his high school career. This 5’11, 170-pound beautiful boy was recently named all-state in swimming and indoor track, however, this is only a fraction of the achievements he has acquired over his 4 years of high school athletics.

After winning his 3rd regional championship. Braden poses in front of the scoreboard.

Growing up in Williamsburg Virginia, Braden attended Rawls Byrd Elementary School for his k-5 years. He would spend lots of time playing sports and meeting new friends. He was in all visions and gifted classes as he very early realized he had a knack for academics. Despite loving all subjects, he found that math was his favorite. After graduating elementary school, he attended Berkeley middle school. At his middle school, he joined the basketball and baseball teams. He excelled at both while also performing in the school band as a saxophone. In middle school, he met his best friends Aticus Kamara and Tarik Cherikh. Tarik told me Braden Lee was “a robot” and “outspoken”.

Braden and his best buddies win the cross-country district championship.

After his 8th grade year was cut short due to covid, he would next attend Lafayette high school. He would soon discover he would be an athletic legend. His sophomore year, he was awarded all state and region in swimming. His 200 free relay won the State championship, and he was a part of the State Runner Up team. Throughout his career he would also win all state honors in the 4×4 relay in both indoor and outdoor track as well as all region for the 800. Braden all has played 4 years of varsity baseball. After getting into many schools and long thinking, Braden will spend the next 4 years at the University of Virginia and will be majoring in Finance.