Senior Spotlight: Cj Buchan

Cj is a senior at Lafayette High School, and he is 19 years old. In this article, CJ answered some questions about himself for me.

1. Where are you from? “I was born in Germany, and moved to Williamsburg when I was 6 years old.”

2. What has been the most memorable part of high school?  “Playing alongside Luke Hanson and making it to the state semifinals with a great team.”

3. What class has had the biggest impact on you? “Either lifetime fitness with Coach T or math with Ms. Denny.”

4. What is the most important thing you learned in high school? “Treat others the way you want to be treated and do not overlook anybody.”

5. How have you changed since freshman year? “My freshman and sophomore year I was a jerk and very cocky, and I talked a lot of trash. Now I have calmed down and focused more on being confident and just playing my own game.”

6. What are your plans for after graduation? “I am going to Guilford College and majoring in sports marketing with a minor in communications. I am also playing baseball.”

7. What challenges did you face during high school? “People would make fun of me for reclassing and call me a joke.”

8. What are you most proud of? “I am most proud of getting offered to play baseball at the college level.”

9. What is your dream job? “My dream job is to be a professional baseball coach or a national broadcaster.”

10. Is there anything you wish you did different? “I wish I listened to my coaches and parents on some stuff they said in my early high school career.”

11. What is your favorite food? ” My favorite food is steak with a side of mashed potatoes.”

12. What are your favorite sport teams? “The Boston Red Sox, New England Patriots, Boston Celtics, and Boston Bruins.”

13. What do you think the Patriots record will be this year? “I think they will be 10-7″

14. What is your favorite movie? ” There are too many to choose from.”

15. What position do you play in baseball? ” I play catcher, but this year have been playing first base because of a injury.”

16. How many home runs have you hit in high school? ” My freshman year I hit 2, my sophom

Senior Cj Buchan playing catcher.

ore year none, my junior year 1, and 2 so far this year.”

17. Who is your all time favorite Red Sox player? “My current favorite is Rafael Devers, and all time has got to be David Ortiz.”

18. Who is your all time favorite Patriots player? ” All time is the goat Tom Brady, and current will soon to be Drake Maye.”

19. Cats or dogs?  “Definitely dogs”

20. When was the last time you read a book? ” The last time I read a book was sophomore year, I have no clue what is was.”

21. What does your dad do for work? “I have no clue.”

Senior CJ Buchan playing first base, catching an out against some bum on Jamestown.
Senior CJ Buchan hitting a baseball, do you think it was a home run?