Senior Spotlight—Abigail Galli

All about Abi!
Petting+a+cow%2C+Abigail+loves+animals+and+being+out+in+nature.+As+she+was+walking+around+Colonial+Williamsburg%2C+she+decided+it+was+necessary+to+stop+and+see+the+cow.+
Valentina Martiniello
Petting a cow, Abigail loves animals and being out in nature. As she was walking around Colonial Williamsburg, she decided it was necessary to stop and see the cow.

Born on March 31st, 2006, Abigail is a fun, lively 18-year-old and a current senior at Lafayette High School. Abigail loves to show her school pride and spirit, as she is part of several clubs at school, such as the International Club, Rambassadors, Key Club, and Math Honors Society. One of Abigail’s favorite groups to be a part of is Pep Club! Abigail loves to show her Ram spirit and supports Lafayette at many school activities or sports events/games. One of her favorite memories with Pep Club is cheering and having fun with her friends at all football games during the fall season! In addition to Pep Club, Abigail loves being a part of Rambassadors and helping new incoming students navigate the school and also helps out freshmen orientation. One thing Abigail loves most about Lafayette is how “teachers are always so helpful and want to help you become the best version of yourself”.

Waving at the camera, Abigail along with Pep club members are in the student section at a football game, cheering excitedly for the Rams. Friday football nights were one of Abigail’s favorite part of high school.

Abigail enjoys being outside in nature and loves to spend her summers at nature camp or working on a ranch in Wyoming. Some of her favorite memories are from being outside and taking in the beauty of nature. Abigail is also involved with the Chapel and Young Life group. Last summer, Abigail went on a mission trip and had the privilege to serve in San Lucas Toliman, Guatemala with other peers from the Chapel. She reflects on this as a “new and challenging experience” and ” this trip was definitely a labor of love for the whole team. It put our lives in perspective and showed us how fortunate we are…”. Abigail cherishes her mission trip experience and hopes to potentially participate in another mission trip in the future. In addition, Abigail is also a head lifeguard at Ford’s Colony and has been working there in the summer of all of her high school years. She loves her job as she gets to be out in the sun getting a tan all day, while also leading others and keeping people safe at the pool.

After graduating high school, Abigail will be attending Clemson University and majoring in marine biology! Her love for nature and animals inspires and motivates her for a future as a marine biologist. Although she will greatly miss high school and her friends, Abigail is excited for a fresh new start in college and hopes to meet many more people. One thing Abigail will miss the most about Lafayette are her favorite teachers, as well as seeing her friends everyday in class. Although Abigail is graduating next month, she will hold onto these bittersweet memories and is excited for her next journey in college.

Blowing bubbles, Abigail has fun on her mission trip in San Lucas Toliman, Solola. Abigail had many new experiences during her time serving and is grateful for all she learned.