Senior Spotlight: Lexi King

Learn About LHS Senior Lexi King

Lafayette girls soccer team after big win against Jamestown. Lexi scored two goals in the second half.

Lexi King is a senior here at Lafayette High School and is very involved in our school. She sets a great example for students here at Lafayette and is a good role model to all students. Lexi plays for the varsity soccer team here at Lafayette and was on the state championship team in 2022 along with runners-up in 2023. She was 1st team all-region, and 2nd team all-district and state this past season. Lexi will be attending Texas Christian University this upcoming fall and is planning to double major in both business and communications at the university. She also plans to play club soccer for their program in the fall. Lexi says that she is extremely excited and ready to start a new chapter of life at Texas Christian University. Also is ready to branch out and meet new people along the way.

Lexi posing with 2022 state championship ring for 2024 media day pictures.

Let me tell you a little more about Lexi. Lexi was born in Newport Beach, California on August 23rd, 2005. She has three sisters: Ashley, Sydney, and Kylie. She also has two dogs: Lightning and Biscuit. Lexi lived in California for the first 12 years of her life and went to Oak Creek Elementary School, Melinda Heights Elementary School, and Mission Hills Christian School. In 2017 Lexi and her family moved here to Williamsburg, Va where she attended Williamsburg Christian Academy and James Blair Middle in her middle school years. Throughout those years she participated in several different activities including theatre, choir, basketball, gymnastics, soccer, dance, and track. Lexi is extremely versatile in sports so participated in a variety of activities throughout her middle school years.

Lexi’s favorite restaurant is Texas Roadhouse. One memory she has is going to Texas Roadhouse for a team dinner after winning the state semifinals her junior year. Lexi loves to listen to Taylor Swift and her favorite album is Speak Now and “When Emma Falls in Love” is her favorite song in the album. Her all-time favorite color is forest green. Lexi’s favorite tv show is modern family and favorite movie is Mama Mia.

This past spring break Lexi met Lagoona the dolphin.

Lexi volunteered for Lafayette’s athletic training program this past year and helped at all the sports games in the fall season. And is involved in Lafayette’s National Honors Society, Key Club, Sign Language Honors Society, English Honors Society, International Club, and Journalism Honors Society. Along with that Lexi is president of the Sign Language Honors Society and plays a huge role in their program.
Lexi is on the varsity girls’ soccer team and is one of two seniors on the team, along with Eva Fields. They are a huge part of the team. They have been on varsity soccer since freshman year and will be missed for the huge roles they played within the team. On May 2nd, girls’ soccer will have their senior night against Poquoson, and we are excited to celebrate them and all they have done for the team but sad to see them leave. Come out and support our seniors!
Lexi sets a great example for students here at Lafayette and we have been so lucky to have her here at our school. We wish Lexi the best for this new chapter after college!