Member Spotlight- Harper Brandenburger

Get to know a Ledger member!

As I have been a part of the Ledger since the beginning of this school year (August 2023), I thought it would be appropriate to share more about myself with Ledger readers. In the same format as staff spotlights and senior spotlights, I answered some fun and interesting questions to help you get to know me and give a little bit more context to my writing.

1. Where am I from originally? I was born in Virginia Beach, but moved to Oregon when I was eight years old. When I was fourteen, I moved back to Virginia, specifically Williamsburg.
  2. What do I love about LHS? I love seeing my friends every day, and the variety of levels of classes taught here. I feel like you can find classes that fit your prior knowledge on a subject.
  3. What is my favorite subject to learn? I think science is very interesting and fun, even though I am not super good at it.
  4. What grade am I in/how long have I been at LHS? I am a junior, and I have been at Lafayette all three years of my high school career.
  5. What college(s) am I interested in? I am interested in Virginia Tech, NYU (New York University), Roanoke College, and University of London. I am also looking into potential universities in Spain, and others in London.

Me in my science class, during a sheep dissection lab. (Harper Brandenburger)

My friends and I at the beach, one of my favorite places to visit. (Harper Brandenburger)
  1. If you could meet anyone from the past, who would I choose and why? I think anyone from ancient Rome or Egypt would be super interesting. I would ask them where their tombs were and get super rich from finding them.
  2. What are my hobbies? I enjoy reading, writing, hanging out with my friends, watching movies, and painting.
  3. What is my ideal vacation? A big city, like NYC or London, or somewhere tropical, like Hawaii.
  4. What is my dream job? I am still not fully sure, but something journalism based, or law based seems like it could be a good fit for me. But if money did not matter, I think working at a coffee shop or cafe would be fun long-term.
  5. If I could live anywhere, where would it be? Almost any big city, I would love to live somewhere that is always exciting.

1. What is my favorite color M&M? The green M&M.
  2. What is my favorite color? Red.
  3. What is my favorite sitcom? Community or Parks & Rec if those count as sitcoms.
  4. What is my favorite music artist? Drake.
  5. What is my favorite movie? LaLa Land or Lego Batman.

My favorite season of the school year is football season, due to all the creative themes. (Harper Brandenburger)