Blue and Gold Christmas

Lafayette High School Winter Spirit Week
Ian Ji
On the morning of December 15, 2023, Jeremiah and Tyrese were excited about pajama day, in the upper commons, they showed off their festive pajamas.

Winter Break! Why is Spirit Week so special to Lafayette students leading up to Winter Break? Winter Break allows many students to spend time away from school and also lets them spend time with friends and family. With Winter Break around the corner, Lafayette High School started a tradition of having an enjoyable interaction between students and teachers. This was called Spirit Week.  Throughout the year Lafayette has many spirit weeks, but what makes the one before Winter Break so special? Spirit Week before Winter Break, allows students and teachers to show their school spirit by dressing by the theme given by the school. This has been happening for many years, but the themes were special this year. First, on Monday, the theme was “Festive Headgear”, which meant wearing headgear for the wintertime and Christmas. Second, on Tuesday it was “Twin Day”, which meant to dress the same as a friend. After, on Wednesday, “Winter Whiteout”, this was where you only wore white. Then, on Thursday it was “Ugly Sweater Day”, where you wear your most festive ugly sweater. Finally, on Friday, it was “Pajama Day”, this was where students wore their most comfortable and festive pajamas. Overall, Spirit Week is meant to bring joy to students and faculty, allow something to look forward to before winter break, and allow people to have fun before the new year.