Clarke’s Life

All About Me!

Hi, my name is Clarke! I was born on October 20, 2005, which is the same birthday as Snoop Dogg. I was born at Sentara Hospital in Williamsburg and have lived here my whole life. I love watching and playing sports, especially basketball, soccer, and football. I have a Basset-Beagle mixed dog and love the outdoors!

This is a picture of me from when I was an infant being held by my big brother, Chase. (Clarke Canova)

I started out my educational career at Greenwood Christian Academy where I attended until 2nd grade. It was a private school, so the lunches were awesome, and I had Chick-fil-a like every day. My favorite class was gym because we played all sorts of games. I transferred to Norge Elementary School because my mom works there and went there until 5th grade. After that I went to Hornsby Middle School, and I absolutely loved it. I had so much fun there and made a lot of new friends. The school lunch there was perfect, and the teachers were so nice. I now attend Lafayette High School and have had a FANTASTIC high school career.

My freshman year soccer team. (Clarke Canova)

When I got to high school, I immediately knew I wanted to play soccer for Lafayette. I tried out my freshman year and made varsity with all my friends from middle school. I had played club soccer for 7 years at this point, but I was ready for high school. That freshman season we beat Jamestown 4-1 and that is probably my favorite moment of my high school soccer career.

After my freshman year of high school, the football team needed a kicker, and I decided I would go out of my comfort zone and try out. I made Varsity right away and began my kicking career, which has taken me very far. I began going to camps all around the country trying to get recruited. My senior season I went 100% on Field Goals and had a great year. I ended up deciding to take my talents further to kick at The University of Mount Union who are a NCAA D3 powerhouse. They have won 13 National Championships and I hope to add to that number. I’m looking forward to seeing what the future has in store for me.

Me and my holder, Hayden Olesky doing our handshake after a made Field Goal. (Clarke Canova)