Why Spray at a Parade?

The Kansas City Chiefs’ Victory and Shooting
    This photo was used to show what the Chiefs looked like and the chemistry they had. This photo was taken by Wikimedia

How have the Kansas City Chiefs become winners and losers in less than a week? On February 11, 2024, the NFL hosted Super Bowl 58 in Las Vegas between the Kansas City Chiefs and the San Francisco 49ers. The 49ers started with the ball and by halftime, the score was 10-3 with the Kansas City Chiefs trailing by a touchdown. The halftime performance was performed by pop culture star USHER. USHER had many guest performers most notably Alicia Keys. Alicia Keys and USHER performed a hit song they created together called “My Boo”. With the Chiefs trailing by 7 the Chiefs had to turn it around and start gaining momentum. With Patrick Mahomes turning the script around and targeting Travis Kelce a lot more, which led the Chiefs to come back and tie the game right before overtime. With the score being 19-19 and new overtime rules being made for the Playoffs both teams had the opportunity to possess the ball, the 49ers and Chiefs had to be strategic. The 49ers called for the ball first and their drive ended with a field goal, the Chiefs processed it next and proceeded to win the game with a touchdown throw from Patrick Mahomes to Mecole Hardman.

This photo was used to show who performed in the Super Bowl Halftime Performance. This photo was taken by Wikimedia

With the Chief’s victory, Patrick Mahomes won the Super Bowl MVP. Following their victory in the Super Bowl, the Kansas City Chiefs filled American Sports with Red and Yellow, also many Taylor Swift fans were ecstatic. Before the Super Bowl, the Kansas City Chiefs were either idolized or hated, many people didn’t want the Chiefs to win due to Patrick Mahomes and Taylor Swift, while others wanted them to win because of Taylor Swift. After the win, the Chiefs had a Super Bowl victory parade that included all of the players and coaches, it allowed fans to witness what it felt like to win and see the players once more after the season ended.

This photo was used to show the scenery of the Super Bowl and the atmosphere during the national anthem. This photo was taken by Wikimedia

The Chiefs Super Bowl Parade was held in Kansas City, Missouri, on February 14, 2024. This was to celebrate the win that the Chiefs had got themselves. Thousands of people came to watch the Super Bowl parade and with many people there on Valentine’s Day, it seemed to be a very calm and exciting day, until it wasn’t. Sadly during the Super Bowl parade, two teenagers brought guns to the parade and started shooting into the crowd of many thousands. Due to shots being fired, one woman was killed and 22 people were injured, half of the injured were under the age of 16 and many of them were children. The shooting still happened even with over 800 police officers being present. The players and coaches nearby made sure people in the crowd were okay. The two shooters were caught and charged with resisting arrest and gun-related offenses. After the disaster that happened on Valentine’s Day, Taylor Swift donated a combined amount of one hundred thousand dollars in condolence to Lopez-Galvan’s family which sadly lost a big Chiefs fan mother of two, and a wife of twenty-two years due to the shooting.