Travis Scott Grammy Snub

Travvy Patty Grammy Snub

The Grammys is an annual ceremony that honors artists in a

Rapper Travis Scott creator of Grammy nominated Albums “Astroworld” and “Utopia”
    (Frank Schwichtenberg)

ll kinds of music genres. The event recognizes excellence in the categories of Album of the Year, Song of the Year and Best New Artist. Winners are determined through a voting process submitted by others in the industry. This ceremony showcases the best of the best. But there Is also a lot of quarrels in terms of selection process. Travis Scott is a very prominent and influential artist in the music industry, specifically in the rap genre. With a historical mark left in the rap and hip-hop genre with 7 hit albums that are widely supported by fans and music critics. Travis Scotts history at the Grammys has been considered unfair. Further questioning the fairness and honesty of The Grammy Awards.

Travis Scott released his hit album “Astroworld” and was faced with a loss at the Grammys. 3 years of hard work took fans, listeners, and critics by breath. The impact this album had on the hip hop and rap genre was undeniably recognizable. This snub left a lot of listeners very angry as he lost to “Invasion of Privacy” by Cardi B. This album featured many other prominent artists and dominated platform

Grammys Logo,
    Credit – None

s for months after its release and continues to stream millions of times per year. Travis Scotts creative and versatile style, with the ability to blend and balance many different genres into an album.

A second injustice of 3 snubs had occurred three years later when another loved rapper “Kid Cudi” had released a hit single “The Scotts”. Igniting excitement in fans and critics this seemed to be overlooked for Song of the Year.

A third and final snub for Scott had appeared. His release of the album “Utopia” in similarity to “Astroworld”. Five years’ worth of production, more exciting features, and patience from fans. It had happened agai

Killer Mike the winner of the 2024 Grammys for best album.
    Credit- Showtime

n at the 2024 Grammys; he had lost again. With a collected 1 billion streams just on Spotify and 85 million monthly listeners everyone was astonished with the decision. Critics and fans could not fathom what had happened. Loss to “Michael” by Killer Mike another rapper who doesn’t have nearly as many supporters or publicity as Scott had taken the win along with two other nominations. A rapper that nobody has very little knowledge takes the win by surprise. Fans hypothesize that mainstream and basic arts take the awards to create drama. Travis Scott is no doubt considered mainstream, but he has been deserving of it based on the run he has had.

With events like this many theories consider that the Grammys are rigged to create surprise. The voting process and transparency of how it really works is not displayed truthfully. Scotts run with the Grammys surely is a highlight asking for a further examination of the process to ensure that it is fair to everyone. Media has been vulnerable to scrutiny and controversy over the years. At similar events like the Emmys, things like this happen.