Christmas Door Decorating

Deli Strong
    This picture shows the winning door that represents the gingerbread house.

This year Lafayette High School, like in the past, has decided to hold a door decorating competition. Each teacher was given two weeks to decorate their door. There was no rule on what to put on the door, it just had to be winter related. Some teachers chose to go with a movie-related door, like the library used inspiration from The Polar Express and made a train and the winner, Mrs. Tori Boyer, used the inspiration from Shrek and made her door the gingerbread house. The door decoration contest had a ton of popularity throughout the school. During voting and conversation of which door was truly the best, the conversation was always based on the two favorites, Mrs. Boyer’s room and the library. The third-place door was interesting. It was a minimalistic idea with just a little mouse door, some snow, and some other little holiday decoration. There were no bad doors, every door had fun ideas, with good concepts it just came down to what door came out best. To decide the winner, the administration sent out a forms page to canvas and all students were allowed to vote. For winning the competition, Mrs. Boyer received snack, and many gifts. The winner was announced and now the doors remain decorated to be enjoyed by all.