Brazilian Star Suffers ACL and MCL Injury

Soccer world suffers with the absence of a key player.
    Shot saved by keeping after Neymar attempts to score a goal in the 2014 world cup.

Neymar da Silva Santos Júnior, born on February 5th, 1992, in Mogi Das Cruzes. He is a world-class soccer player who has received many awards and medals for several of the games he has won and played in. He has played in two world cups, one during 2014 in Brazil and the other during 2018 in Russia. In total he scored 6 goals in the 2014 world cup and 2 in the 2018 world cup. The famous soccer player has score in total 349 goals throughout his entire soccer career, 137 goals as a left winger, 32 as a center forward, 13 as second Stricker, and 2 while playing attacking mid field. It is said that in his country he is the second highest scorer of all time after Pele.

Neymar has played for three different clubs his whole professional soccer career, those clubs are Santos, Barcelona, Paris Saint- Germain. He currently plays as a forward for the Saudi pro League club Al Hilal and the Brazil national team. He is famous for his style of play and is known to be one of the best Brazilian soccer players of his

Neymar mid game, tired and sweaty after playing for Al Hilal.

generation. scoring at least 100 goals for three different clubs only adds as to why he is known to be a prolific goal scorer. During Neymar’s game this past Tuesday he unfortunate was injured mid game, and it is confirmed by his club Al-Hilal that he had torn his anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) and his meniscus in his left knee while playing for Brazil against Uruguay. Although the team walked away with a win on their backs against Uruguay, they suffered a great loss to the team lineup. most ACL injuries take months to heal, and the surgery only adds onto the healing time. This means that Neymar’s participation in the Copa America in June is under threat. He will most likely end up having to do physical therapy (PT) for the next few months. Neymar is not happy about being injured again, making this the second time this year he will be undergoing surgery. His past injury before his anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) and meniscus tear was only a few months as apart from his ankle injury that happened in February, which ended his season early while in Paris. that past ankle injury forced him to miss the last 15 matches of the season with PSG.

Neymar getting looked at after injuring his ankle while playing a soccer game.

This injury will not only affect and delay his soccer career, it’s going to have a massive impact on his family as well. Neymar is currently not married but he does have two children, one of which is only just over two months old and another who is twelve years old. His injuries are going to cause conflict with the way he is able to care for and manage his kids. These next few months are going to be difficult for the soccer start but in time he will heal and be back out on the field before you know it.