The Trial of Basketball Prospect Mikey Williams

Is his basketball career over?

Mikey Williams is a 6’3” 185-pound High School Basketball player who is from California and went viral on
    overtime for how good he was at basketball. He attended San Ysidro High School and Lake Norman Christian School for his senior leave. Before his legal issues Mikey was committed to Memphis university in Tennessee. He committed there over Kansas, Oregan, USC, and many good colleges. He was ranked 39th in his class and was one of the best point guards in the class. Mikey hasn’t yet attended any practices or games with his new team due to his gun charges. On March 27th, 2022, Mikey was accused of shooting at his 1.2-million-dollar house in eastern San Diego County. There was an argument that happened at the house where there were gunshots fired at a leaving car with 5 passengers in the car. He got arrested on April 13th of that year

Mikey Williams playing basketball for his high school team. (FoxLifeVisuals)

and got charged with six felony counts of discharging a gun at an occupied vehicle.

Mikey Williams had plead not guilty to multiple felony charges related to the shooting that occurred at is house. He appears on a video call where he was told his rights and also his 50,000$ bond. For all his charges Mikey can get up to 28 years in prison if he is convicted for all his counts.

Prison cell Mikey will be in if he is guilty. (HelenOnline)

Police said that there were 5 people who were in the car that got shot at while leaving Mikey’s house, nobody was hit in the car, but the car was hit. The reason why they put Mikey on a videocall is because he had received some threats and was scared for a in person meeting. His readiness hearing is was planned for June 15th and his preliminary hearing toke place on June 29th. His trial is planned to take place in California on December 14th.The case is still under investigation, and nothing has been proven or unproven yet.

If Mikey happens to be guilty a lot will happen to him. He will lose almost all of his fame that he has acquired throughout his high school basketball career. On Instagram he had gotten multimillion followers and on TikTok he also has over a million followers. Ever since the incident happened at his house, he has deleted all of his social media accounts and any form of social media he had. His basketball offer from Memphis still stays and the coach Penny Hardaway said his offer will stay and he can still play for the team once all of the trouble dies down if he is not found guilty.  He will lastly lose every NIL and endorsement deals that he has received. A few of the bigger endorsements and NILs that he lost were Puma, which is a big shoe brand, I Got It, which is a tech company that specializes as an online auction platform, his show from

His TikTok fame that he has lost. (ByteDance)

his sophomore year in high school that overtime made for him, and lastly his deal with LaceClips which is an exercise tracker sort of device.