The NFL is Rigged!

There’s no way the teams did that on purpose!
    ITyra Garris at the football game supporting the Washinting Commanders
    ObedJae Policarpio
    I’Tyra Garris at the football game supporting the Washinting Commanders

I recently had the privilege of going to see a NFL game in person.  Washington Commanders hosted the Philadelphia Eagles at FedEx Field & lets just say it looked like I was watching a theatre performance. Many people who watch the sport every sunday have said that the NFL is “rigged”. This theory has been brought to light by Sport commentators , fans, and even retired NFL players. The word rigged suggest something stronger than the word scripted, which is what the NFL really is.

When I went to watch the game at Landover, Maryland a certain play stuck with me. It was 2nd quarter 10 and 14 Commanders up to make it a touchdown game. It was 30 seconds left and miraculously got to the 50 yard line. Now that’s a fairly long field goal wouldn’t be surprised if he didn’t make it at all. When he kicked it he undoubtedly missed it. Just by the grace of god the referees called a Flag for offsides and the Commanders Kicker got the chance to kick it again. This time he got it and the game was now a touchdown game going into halftime. Isn’t that crazy ?! Some might say “its the NFL anything can happen” but the perfect timing and the rating the game gets after it does these “power plays” has to be intentional.

Now maybe I’m bias because I am a Washington commanders fan but another source says that fans were angry at the New England Patriots vs the Washington Commanders. The U.S sun Jim Sheridan wrote a article on this game titled YOU’RE SACKED NFL fans rage league is ‘scripted’ and ‘rigged’ after controversial in-game moment branded ‘an absolute disgrace

Washington defense being held by the Patriots offense, this resulted in a flag on Washington. (Adam Glanzman)

. To sum up the article Washington Defense sacked Patriots QB on third and instead of that being a fourth down the referees threw a flag for harsh roughing the passer which resulted in a 15 yard penalty that got the Patriots a first yard down. This resulted in a fan outcry, many fans were saying “the nfl is rigged” “Nfl has a referee problem” “The NFL is scripted no different than the WWE”. Even with this play Commanders still held on for a dramatic win.

Its not just the fans that said the NFL is scripted the ex-Houston Texans running back Arian Foster went on record and said that players receive “scripts” during training camp that lay out the season ahead because the NFL is, well, rigged. People perceived what he was saying as a joke but another quote from the running back shows just how serious he really is “That’s what practice was about — it was about practicing the script. … It’s like WWF — we know what’s going to happen, but you’ve still got to put on a show,”. The fans took it to twitter (X) twitter and made jokes out of it which is a great cover up to cover up the truth about the NFL.

Weather you are a true of the NFL fan or just watch it for fun there has to be a few plays where you feel was just perfect timing