The Eras Tour concert film

taylorswift.fandom.com
    Taylor Swift Eras Tour Poster

Taylor Swift is one of the most famous artists of our generation. She started her world tour called “The Eras Tour” in March of this year. The tour sold out in just seconds after the tickets went on sale with retail prices going for extremely high amounts. The eras tour is basically Taylor going through all her albums and eras from her first album debut all the way to her most recent midnights. During her los Angeles shows more specifically nights one and two. Fans started noticing there were cameras filming her while she was on stage, and they started speculating she was filming for some type of documentary. And soon after she would go on to announce the eras tour film concert!

The Eras tour concert film poster

On august 31st Taylor announced that her ongoing tour “The Eras Tour” was going to be coming to the big screen. The concert film was set to drop on October 13th, 2023. There were some big movies that were also supposed to come out on October 13th like the exorcist: believer and Meg Ryans what happens later. But they moved their release dates so it wouldn’t clash with Taylors concert movie if that doesn’t show just how big of an artist, she is I don’t know what will.

Tickets to go see the movie went on sale shortly after and they started selling out everywhere. During the first weekend the concert documentary was released it earned $92.8 million in domestic theaters. This made the concert film the highest grossing concert film ever. Not only that, but it was also the second-best ever domestic opening in the month of October and the seventh best opening day of 2023. The eras tour became the highest grossing concert film ever in just its first weekend surpassing Justin Biebers never say never movie which earned $73 million, and it was released in 2011.

The singer made the whole place shimmer as she arrived on the red carpet for ‘The Eras Tour’ concert film at The Grove in Los Angeles on October 11.

Of course, you can’t go see a Taylor swift film without a bunch of merch, right? Theaters around the world had Taylor themed popcorn buckets, cups, and even tote bags. So, you could go watch the movie in style although those quickly sold out as expected.

Taylor also had a red-carpet premier for the movie. She showed up wearing a baby blue dress with her hair pinned short. Fans suspected she did this because a few weeks later the 1989 Taylors version was released, and that color and hairstyle is from that era. She took tons of pics with fans and walked the carpet in style. As fans started to settle in to watch the movie Taylor decided to make a surprise appearance in Theatre 13 which if you didn’t know is her lucky number. She made a little speech then her and her dancers sat in the theatre and watched the entire movie surrounded by her fans. so far, the film has only been out for a few weeks and has already earned over $160 million in tickets sales.