2023 MLB Post Season

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/6f/2023_MLB_Postseason_logo.svg
    https://www.usatoday.com/gcdn/authoring/authoring-images/2023/10/13/USAT/71164932007-usatsi-21634908.jpg?width=660&height=440&fit=crop&format=pjpg&auto=webp

Every year around the time of late September and early October, the MLB has their playoffs. The MLB playoffs are one of the most watched, most talked about, and most energetic sports playoffs of the year. All the teams always show out, and no team is better than the other. So far, the postseason is left to just the World Series to complete.  

Starting with Wild Card games, the Minnesota Twins swept the Toronto Blue Jays. The Jays were the expected team to win this series but, the Twins had other plans. The next Wild Card series was the Tampa Bay Rays verse the Texas Ranger. Entering the series, everyone was under the assumption that the Rays would win, and the Rangers would put up a decent fight and grab one game. However, to everyone’s surprise, the Rangers took the first two of the three game series moving them on.  

The next series was the Milwaukee Brewers verse the Arizona Diamondbacks; this series was projected to be incredibly good. Both teams were evenly matched and aggressive competitors. However, the Diamondbacks pulled out with the first two games, winning the series against the Brewers 2-0. The last Wild Card series was the Philadelphia Phillies and the Miami Marlins. The Phillies were easily projected to win. They did not have the greatest regular season, but they are a playoff team, and it went to show in round one, winning two games of three and moving on to the next round. 

Next in the Postseason is the Division series round. The teams that win the Wild Card move into the second round to compete for the opportunity to win the Division title for their division against the best team in each division that got a bye into the division series. To start off, the Minnesota Twins played the Houston Astros. The Astros were first in their division, giving them the bye and they ended up winning the series against the Twins 3-1. Next was the Texas Rangers and the Baltimore Orioles. The Orioles were the favored team being that they had such a good regular season record and that they had made a bye into the division series. The Rangers had really found their stuff and won the series 3-0 against the Orioles. The next series was the Arizona Diamondbacks and the Los Angeles Dodgers. Both teams had very odd seasons with a lot of injuries and players being out with other issues, making this series hard to decide who exactly would win, but at the end of the day the Diamondbacks came out on top winning 3-0. The last series was the Atlanta Braves and the Philidelphia Phillies. The Braves were the one seed and with a great battle the Phillies managed to pull out the win in the series winning 3-1.  

Now closer to a title, each team is playing harder and harder each night. There are only 4 teams left in the playoffs now being the Texas Rangers verse the Houston Astros, and the Philidelphia Phillies verse the Arizona Diamondbacks. The Astros series was well played and hard fought. The teams went back and forth battling. The Rangers took the first two games of their series before the two-day break. In that time the Arizona Diamondbacks and the Philidelphia Phillies series started. The Phillies took the first two games, but the Diamondbacks were not done yet still showing fight in their two tough losses. The third game of the Astros vs. Rangers series and the Astros

https://www.usatoday.com/gcdn/authoring/authoring-images/2023/10/25/USAT/71310051007-usatsi-21727545.jpg?width=660&height=441&fit=crop&format=pjpg&auto=webp

came out in a slow first inning but immediately jumped on the score board in the third inning, scoring three runs. The game progressed and they came out on top with an 8-5 win over the Rangers, making the series 2-1. The Phillies then took a hard loss to the Diamondbacks in game three, losing by one run. Making the series 2-1. The Astros played the same night and got a nice and quick win against the Rangers, 10-3 making the series tied 2-2. The following night the Diamondbacks got another good feeling win against the Phillies, winning 6-5. The Astros also grabbed a win to jump ahead in the series 3-2. As games followed the Phillies won making the series 3-2 and the Rangers won making the series 3-3. The final game of the Astros vs. Rangers series was being played and the Ranger had an absolute night winning 11-4 sending them to the world series. The Diamondbacks forced the series into game seven, winning in game six 5-1. The outcome of the game seven matchup is, the Diamondbacks beat the Phillies 4-2. 

The World Series is now a few days away and both the Texas Rangers and the Arizona Diamondbacks have a few days to prepare. The first game will be played in Arlington at the Rangers stadium. I think that the Rangers will win, but the seven-game series will tell.