Brendan Moss

BMOSS!

My name is Brendan Moss, and I was born in Salt Lake City, Utah on November 21, 2006. Before you make any assumptions, no I am not Mormon. I lived in Utah for about 2 years and then moved to Colorado Springs, Colorado. I would go to daycare at a church before my days in kindergarten. When I was old enough, I attended Discovery Canyon Campus, a high school that provides schooling for all grades Pre-K through 12. I played soccer for most of my years as a little kid playing for a club named Pride Soccer Club. I made most of my friends through sports. The loss of my father later prompted me to move to Virginia some 5 years later.

Moving on to middle school, I did all three years and did the end of 7th grade and the whole year of 8th grade completely online. At the same time, I lost my passion for soccer and took up golf, becoming skilled fairly quickly. I made the Varsity golf team my freshman year and joined the team, going to States. I moved to Virginia in the summer of 2022 around early July. At the end of July, golf tryouts for the Lafayetteteam started. Here I met many of my friends like Brice, Zach, Charlie, Brady and Kyle. I’d go on to making the starting six. Being friends with mostly baseball players I got to know some other friends like Brady Isaksen and Ian Ji. I performed very well at Regionals my sophomore year placing 4th in the 3A Region with a 74 to continue onto states in Richmond independently.

This is a picture of me and my friends Kyle (pictured left) and Charlie (Pictured middle) at the end of the 2022 VHSL Class 3A Golf Regional Tournament. (Patricia Thompson)
Here are the medals I won for place 4th and 5th in the VHSL Class 3A Golf Regional tournaments. (Brendan Moss)

Moving onto thenext year, I got a job at Kingsmill working at the golf course during the summer and it was time to play high school golf again. I would perform similarly to the previous year placing 5th in the 3A region with a 76

and losing the team playoff to York. I ended up in a playoff hole with Brody Rubin and he sold so I went. Currently, I am a junior at Lafayette and hang out with same people and do the same stuff. I ultimately hope to take the team to States for golf my senior year.