Lafayette Baseball Upcoming 2024 Season

How the Rams have prepared and who to look out for on the field.
CJ Buchan taking a big hack at a fastball down the middle.

The Lafayette Baseball Team has been doing workouts with their new coach, Quintin Mascari. Last season Coach Matt Mills and the Rams parted ways opening an opportunity for a new head coach. Mascari, who the players refer to as Coach Q, was previously the head baseball coach at and Quarterbacks and Special Team’s coach at King George High School. Kyle Neve (Lafayette’s Athletic Director) surfed applications and Coach Q’s stood out. When the two met, the interview went very well and Mascari was appointed as new head coach for the Rams. 

Wasting no time, Mascari got in contact with all the players, he pushed out a notification to all interested players that he would be holding a “Meet the Coaches Night” for all the guys to meet him. At the meeting, he went over all the main bases for the upcoming season, he implemented morning workouts for the guys every Tuesday and Thursday. This was a way for the team to get stronger and more athletic, as well build comradery. Mascari then told the team about assistant coach David Hulls. Hulls stuck around for a little while helping Coach Q and the guys gain more knowledge and get better. Both coaches would show up to the on-field workouts held in New Kent at Quinton Elementary school at the brand-new Arc Complex. Every Thursday night the team went up to the field for workouts. Everything the team was doing, and has been doing is all just pre-season prep. The Rams are hoping to have a big season this year. Catcher CJ Buchan said “The guys look good; we have all been putting in hard work and we are ready for the season to start. Rams baseball tryouts will be held on February 19th – 21st. CJ Buchan, a Guilford

The players meet at the mound for a visit to recalibrate and win the game.

commit is looking forward to his senior season and playing with the team for the team one last time. Another senior commit, Austen Townsend who committed to Greensboro College is also looking forward to his senior season. He is excited to have one last season with his friends and he’s looking forward to having a successful year. The Rams two main pitchers, Brady Isaksen and Charlie Yatsko have been in the weight room as well as on the field working on improving themselves as players. The two look forward to the season and are ready to get back on the bump. Pitcher Brady Isaksen said, “I am just ready to get back out on the bump and hand out K’s.”. Isaksen was a rising prodigy for the Rams last year and played a key role in their pitching rotation. Yatsko, the number two pitcher for the Rams showed up big towards the end of last season giving light for a great season on the bump. He played a key role in the bullpen and had a couple of starting roles for the Rams last year. The whole team looks forward to seeing him back out on the bump. The Rams hope to have all the support in their attempt for a refresh from the past few years.