Spirit Week at LHS

Winter 2023, counting down to Winter Break

Every year at Lafayette High School, the week before winter break, students and staff participate in a Spirit Week. Spirit week is when students are encouraged to dress up as a certain theme every day of the week. This year, Monday was “Holiday Headgear Day”, Tuesday was “Twin Day”, Wednesday

This student is seen in his robe for pajama day. (Hayden Walker)

was “Winter White Out”, Thursday was “Ugly Sweater Day”, and finishing the week on Friday was “Pajama Day”. I think all these themes are pretty good. On Monday, I saw some pretty cool headgear items. There were a lot of Santa hats, reindeer antlers, and other festive items. On Tuesday for “Twin Day”, I saw a lot of people twinning. Some people wouldn’t go to crazy, like just wearing the same color pants and shirt. Others went all out, having the exact same outfit and making it very unique. For “Whiteout Day”, I didn’t see many people dressed up this day. If people were participating, they were just wearing a white shirt or something simple. On Thursday for “Ugly Sweater Day”, I also didn’t see a lot of people dressed up. This one I understand, because I know a lot of people don’t own ugly sweaters. Pajama day on Friday definitely had the most participants. Although almost every day at LHS looks like pajama day, there were definitely more people than usual in PJs. Overall, I think this year’s Winter Spirit Week was very solid.