Lafayette Winter Spirit week

Teachers, Mrs.Bahl-Moore, Mrs.Grant, and Ms.Sears, pose for a photo on twin day. (Tyson Lasker)

This past week Lafayette high school celebrated winter spirit week with five different festive days all themed with Christmas and holiday cheer. Monday was “Holiday Headwear Day” when students put on crazy and or funny headwear to express the season. Tuesday was “Twin Day” when students could get one or more friends and dress in the same clothing, this was a lot of peoples favorite day as they could dress it as silly manner with one another. Wednesday was “Winter White Out Day” we’re scooting for dressing all white as a representation of snow and other winter themes. Thursday was “Ugly Holiday Sweater Day” students wear their ugly sweaters, this one is a little tricky though because, what constitutes an article of clothing as ugly or good looking in everyone’s standards? Friday was “Pajama Day” which, in my opinion, was not a good idea, because everyone wears pajamas to school in the first place. My personal favorite day was “Twin Day”, it was very fun to dress up in the same outfit as my friends. I believe Lafayette has a good sense of school spirit with the spirit week, as we had one in the Fall, as well before our Homecoming Game.  Although some people may believe that Spirit Week is stupid, I believe it may be a good idea to continue doing these activities and themes throughout the year.