‘Grand Theft Auto VI’ Trailer 1

After 10 years, the long-awaited and highly anticipated GTA 6 Trailer is here!
The Vice City Beach as featured in the Grand Theft Auto VI trailer.

A trailer for “Grand Theft Auto VI,” which will be the next installment of the wildly popular game franchise, has been released online after it had leaked early on Twitter. The trailer was scheduled to go live on 12/5/23 at 9 AM but due to the leak, Rockstar Games released the trailer on 12/4/23 around 7 PM. The trailer reveals that the sixth chapter in the ‘Grand Theft Auto’ franchise is coming in 2025. According to the developer Rockstar Games, it will be released on Xbox Series X/S and PS5 at launch. A date for the release of the game on PC has yet to be announced.

The highly anticipated trailer surpassed 32 million views within its first few hours on Youtube. The trailer is now the most viewed non music video in under 24 hours with 100 million views and counting it also now has over 10 million likes. It has broken 3 “Guiness World Records” already. The 3 records they broke were “Most liked video game trailer” “Most viewed video game trailer” and “Most viewed non music video in 24 hours”

Grand Theft Auto fans have learned a lot from the 90 second trailer including that GTA 6 will take place in the Miami-inspired Vice City and that GTA 6 will be the first game in the franchise to include a female protagonist along with her partner in crime Jason. According to the trailer, the game will start off with the main character Lucia in prison looking out a prison window then cuts to her in a prison workers office where the lady asks “Lucia, do you know why you are here” and to which Lucia responds with “Bad luck, I guess”. In the next scene we now see Lucia and Jason together and Lucia appears to be wearing an ankle monitor. In addition to the crime and killing part of the game we also see fast cars, boats, beaches, bikinis and bayous the 90-second GTA VI trailer also reveals the introduction of a social media network that looks like TikTok with videos of people partying on boats, a man pulling an alligator out of a pool and a woman twerking on top of a moving car.

The highly populated Vice City Beach showing people walking down the beach. (Rockstar Games)

Rockstar Games publisher “Take 2 Interactive” expect to make over 8 billion dollars in Fiscal Year 2025 meaning that GTA 6 would have to be released in the first couple of months of the 2025 year. Grand Theft Auto 6 will significantly pass the last game in the Grand Theft Auto series which was released back in 2013. Grand Theft Auto 6 can easily take the number 1 best selling game away from Minecraft considering Grand Theft Auto 5 is the 2nd best selling game of all time.

While us fans will have to wait until 2025 to play the highly anticipated and long awaited Grand Theft Auto 6 video game, its safe to say  we all know we have something to look forward too and will be playing it the second it is released. Everybody was blown away by how realistic the game looked in the trailer and we cant help to imagine how much more realistic the game will look upon the 2025 release in just 2 years from now.