CFB playoff/postseason race

Will Oregon or Washington slip into the CFB playoff??
CFB playoff/postseason race

Coach Jamey Chadwell as he talks to his QB Kaidon Salter on the sidelines during a game

The college football playoff/post season is a hot one. You have Ohio State at #1 in the College football playoff ranking. Alot of people disagree with this and think Georgia should still be number 1, because Georgia, who is number 2 in the College football playoff ranking, hasn’t lost a game since the 2021 SEC champions game against Alabama. Since the start of the 2021 season, the bulldogs have 39 wins and only 1 loss. They dropped to number 2, after week 10, beating a very good Mizzou team 30-21. While Ohio State was tight with Rutgers in the first half. Georgia has a pretty easy end of the regular season, playing Tennessee and GA Tech, while Ohio State has to play Michigan in 2 weeks.

One of the best players in the country, Brock Bowers lines up for a pass play.

At number 3, is the Michigan Wolverines. They have been in the news a lot lately with their sign stealing scandal. The guy (that was an analyst for the team) who was going to the opposing team’s games and sneaking on team’s sidelines, Connor Stalions resigned, probably forcefully resigned. The NCAA recently suspended Michigan’s head coach, Jim Harbaugh for the final 3 games of the regular season. He is still able to coach during the week, just not able to be on the sidelines during games.

At number 4 is the Florida State Seminoles. The Seminoles are 10-0 and are cruising to the Atlantic Coast Conference championship. Their quarter back Jordan Travis is pretty good. According to DraftKings he is 7th in odds to win the Heisman.  At number 5 in the College football playoff rankings, is the Washington Huskies. They have Michael Penix jr. who is one of the Heisman front runners, along with Bo Nix (Oregon), Jayden Daniels (LSU), and Marvin Harrison (Ohio State).

At number six in the College football playoff ranking, is the Oregon Ducks. Their quarterback is Bo Nix, who is another Heisman finalist. This is his 5th year playing college football and his 2nd at Oregon. at number 7 in the College football playoff ranking, is the Texas Longhorns. Their Quarter back, Quinn Ewers was the number 1 player in his class. His rating was a perfect 1.000, which there has only ever been 5 other players regardless of position to earn a perfect rating. Their backup, Arch Manning, was also the number one player in his class regardless of position, and in the nephew of Peyton and Eli.

At number 8 in the College football playoff ranking, is Alabama. They are trying to come back after spending a couple season out of the top few spots.

This being their second year in the FBS and being ranked for the first time ever, is JMU. They are 9-0. They are number 21 in the AP rankings. They can’t be ranked in the CFB playoff ranking because since this is only their second year in the FBS they can’t be in a bowl game or make the playoffs, therefore no point in ranking them.

Image result for jordan mccloud jmu

Jordan Mclaud prepares to throw a pass during a game.

Also coming in for the first time ever at #25 in the AP poll is Liberty. Liberty is 9-0 and hopes to continue on with their historic season, securing a spot for their conference championship game.

This article was written before the week 12 AP and CFB playoff rankings came out