The life of Matthew Perry

The glorious and not so glorious parts of Matthew Perry’s life story.
Valerie Jarrett / @vj44 via X (Twitter), Public domain, via Wikimedia Commons

On October 28th tragedy hit the fans of the famous TV show friends when they heard of Matthew Perry’s death. He died on October 28th of an apparent drowning, and he was found dead in the hot tub at his home. Matthew Perry lived a long and mostly happy life. I’m here to tell you about who he was and what he did in his lifetime.

Matthew Perry was born on August 19th, 1969 in Williamstown Massachusetts to his mother Suzanne Marie Morrison and his father John Bennnett Perry. His mother was a Canadian Journalist and his father worked as an American actor and model. He began his acting career very early on with his first role on 240-Robert even though it was a small role it was still significant to his acting career. He Starred in many other small films growing up also but he didn’t really get much attention from any of them.

The popular TV show that Matthew Perry first got famous on.

Matthew Perry was most famous for his role in the TV show friends where he played Chandler Bing for 10 seasons from 1994-2004. Friends was where he got his big break, and all the fans just adored his character Chandler Bing, and many watched just for him. He also appeared in many other films such as 17 again, birds of America, numb, the Ron Clark story, almost heroes, Serving Sara, and many others. His acting career was a huge success, and he was a very well-known person.

Young Matthew Perry when his acting career was just getting off to a start.

His life was not all glorious though and he faced many obstacles and setbacks in his lifetime. He battled with alcohol and drug addictions for a good portion of his life, and this is something that really impacted him. He ended up getting sober towards the last 20 years of his life and began to improve his lifestyle and decisions. He was in multiple rehab centers and had been hospitalized more than once for drug and alcohol abuse issues. The producers of friends had even paused filming so that Matthew Perry could prioritize his health and get the help that he needed.

He has been very open about his struggles with drug and alcohol abuse and has often times even been seen doing interviews on his personal experience. His sobriety meant a lot to him, and he even ended up opening up a sober house for men in Malibu California. He loved to help people get sober and help them to overcome all their challenges with alcohol and drug addiction. it brought him joy to see people get the help they need and recover from alcohol or drug addictions.

Matthew Perry was an extremely selfless person that cared a lot for other people. He used his platform to help others who may be battling with a drug or alcohol addiction. His acting career and the characters that he played left a big impact on a lot of people. He was a role model to many and will be missed tremendously.