James Harden Traded To The LA Clippers

James Harden playing as a Houston Rocket (Jerry Smith)

James Harden has recently been traded to the LA Clippers and it has people wondering many things. James Harden is an All Star player and is very good at what he does. He has requested a trade three times now and people want consequences if he does it again. He has been on 5 different teams now including: OKC Thunder (2009), Houston Rockets (2012), Brooklyn Nets (2021), Philly 76ers (2022) and finally the LA Clippers from 2023-present.

James Harden was born on August 26, 1989, in Los Angeles, California. This would make him to be 32 years old present time. He is 6’4 and attended Artesia High School in Lakewood, California and Arizona State in college. In his sophomore year of high school, he averaged 13.2 points as Artesia went 28–5. He improved his stats to 18.8 points, 7.7 boards and 3.5 assists in his junior

James Harden prepares to perform his infamous step-back on Aaron Gordon (Stephen Phillips)

season and led Artesia to the California state title and a 33–1 record. Clearly, He was destined to join the NBA and dominate the game while playing it.

While Harden had a dedicated mother and a tough situation with his father growing up, he had two siblings as well. One of which was his half-brother, Akili Roberson, who played football and was highly recruited out of high school, along with his sister Arnique Jelks. Akili was older than Harden and he said that Harden always had a basketball in his hands. Harden’s father is sadly not in the picture anymore for reasons no one knows.

James Harden has always been looked up upon and idolized by spectators all around the world. But this season he has raised a few people’s eyebrows on if he’s still good like he was back then. Harden hasn’t been doing good this season and the Clippers with James, they have yet to win a game. He is getting around 17 points a game with shooting 67% from the field. This

James Harden the 2017-18 MVP (By Keith Allison)

obviously isn’t that bad for an average player but harden isn’t average. He is a hall of famer and should be shooting better shots.

The reason he could be preforming this way could be that he has not built chemistry with his team yet. He might still need to construct relationship with each of the Clippers players to feel comfortable. Many people are starting the think that Harden will retire this year. I think that after all the years has been playing it could finally be time. But then again, he surprisingly hasn’t won a championship yet so he might still be eager to get one.

Harden has good chances of winning a ring this season if his team makes the playoffs. He has a very good team around him with very good players. The starting five include: himself, Russel Westbrook, Paul George, Kawhi Leonard and Ivica Zubac. This team is obviously championship worthy if only they have the right mindset and try hard enough. Trading Harden to the Clippers was a very bold choice but definitely not the wrong one.