• November 16Boys placed 9th out of 12 teams with Loudon Valley placing 1st with 47pts

• November 16Basketball, Swimming and Track are just starting up, so stay tuned for scores!

• November 12Boys XC Places 9th in State, Steck 3rd

Spirit Week 2016

Heaven Heatherly, Jessica Link, Rachel Lia, Chase Bauer, Paige McKenzie, Kelly Carroll, Abby Crabtree, and Emaline Carr participate in day two of spirit week; Old vs. New, dressed as extraterrestrials.

Tatum Sybert, Reporter

From the beginning of the academic year, students anticipate the excitement of Spirit Week. In the past few years at Lafayette, the SCA has chosen Spirit Week days such as the popular ‘Merica Monday and Tropical Tuesday. This year, the 2016-2017 SCA has chosen to do things a little differently. This year’s Spirit Week theme is “The Week of Wars.” The days include Superhero v. Villain Monday, Old v. New Tuesday, Dynamic Duo Wednesday, Character Day Thursday, and Spirit Day Friday.

The new Spirit Week days have received a mix of reviews from the Lafayette student body. While some students are in favor of the days, other students seem to dislike the change in pace, and wish they had more input. Lafayette senior Haley Quarles states “The days seem to be a little too specific. I feel like some may not want to participate because none of the days are as easy as they were in the past.” However, this year’s theme days have added a new flare to the meaning of Spirit Week. Senior Jared Antle states, “I like the new idea for Spirit Week. They are so unique.” Adding a theme for the entire week allows for students to be more creative with their costumes. Scroll down to check out what our Ramnation has come up with!

Processed with VSCO with f2 preset

Starr Patton and Kesha Patel show off their costumes on the ram by participating in Superhero v. Villain Monday

Seniors Isaiah Woo, Mikhail Johnson, Jared Antle, Konrad Steck, and John Barton display their creativity by dressing up as robbers for Superhero v. Villain Monday

superhero-allison-mock

Allison Mock dresses up as Wonder Woman for Superhero v. Villain Monday

Processed with VSCO with f2 preset

Lafayette seniors Jared Antle, John Barton, Mikhail Johnson, and John Keane throw it back as hippies for Decades Day on Tuesday

Processed with VSCO with c1 preset

Zack Tayman and Haley Quarles impersonate Kim Possible and Ron Stoppable for Dynamic Duo Wednesday

1 Comment

One Response to “Spirit Week 2016”

1. John Keane on November 28th, 2016 11:01 am

Tatum, You are awesome. I loved that picture of the hippies, they look really good.

[Reply]

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• Spirit Week 2016

News

Tourist Season in WIlliamsburg, Virginia

• Spirit Week 2016

News

Are the Airlines in Trouble

• Spirit Week 2016

News

Trains are Silent Killers

• Spirit Week 2016

News

150 Years of West Virginia University

• Spirit Week 2016

News

Bombing in Manchester

• Spirit Week 2016

News

A Tropical Nightmare

• Spirit Week 2016

News

Bill O’Reilly’s Career Ends!

• News

Tales of Torture from Gay Chechens

• Spirit Week 2016

News

The Gender Wage Gap in The USA

• Spirit Week 2016

News

United Airlines Scandal

Spirit Week 2016