Red Dead Redemption 2

Red Dead Redemption 2 captivates gamers of all ages

Seungheon Yoo

This student is in awe of the amazing graphics, and lays down to admire it even more.

“America, 1899. The end of the Wild West era has begun. After a robbery goes badly wrong in the western town of Blackwater, Arthur Morgan and the Van der Linde gang are forced to flee. With federal agents and the best bounty hunters in the nation massing on their heels, the gang must rob, steal, and fight their way across the rugged heartland of America in order to survive. As deepening internal divisions threaten to tear the gang apart, Arthur must make a choice between his own ideals and loyalty to the gang who raised him.” – Rockstar San Diego 

Red Dead Redemption 2, a game that has been anticipated for eight years, has finally been released as of October 26, 2018. Made by Rockstar San Diego, the company that made the famous GTA series, the video game is expected to be one of the best-selling games out in 2018. With this new edition, players have access to a variety of new horses, freedom, and NPCs (Non playable characters) to interact with. Fans are beaming with anticipation as the date for the release inches closer. Red Dead Redemption is available for all Xbox Ones, PlayStation Fours, and PCs.

The completion of the game was believed to take an average of 60 hours for the average player.  This took the Rockstar team 100- hour work weeks for the game to be completed, and a lot of sacrifices, such as not seeing their family members for days. Players are excited to fully experience the game’s profound story and plot line of the game. There also are many who plan to “speedrun:” finishing the entire game as soon as possible, and set record in the history books of the game.

The intense story line of Red Dead Redemption showcases itself like a movie.

Leaks about the game increased as the game’s release date inched closer. A picture of the entire map of Red Dead Redemption 2 was leaked on October 23, 2018, and this caused critics and fans alike to be in awe of its immensity. The leak also revealed that there would be many similarities to the first Red Dead Redemption, map location wise at least.

A negative aspect of the game is that it takes up a gigantic amount of storage to play: nearly 100 GBs!  The average PS4 has about 200 GBs of free space, 300 GBs for the Xbox One, and an average PC has a storage about 250GBs of free space. This shows that this one game will take up about half of the storage available to most gamers. There are even jokes that one must remove every other game in one’s console or PC to be able to play this game. However, the size of this game won’t shy players away from enjoying the ample amount of entertainment Red Dead Redemption 2 will provide.

As one fan plays the game, he comments on how “Epic” the game is.

Skyler, a Lafayette High school sophomore, shared her thoughts about Red Dead Redemption 2. When questioned whether she knew about the game, she replied that “I have heard of it, but I’m not as eager about the game as everyone else. I heard it from one of my really good friends for the first time two weeks ago.” She said that ” My boyfriend talks about the game whenever he’s with his friends. I heard the game was based on a western theme, and was more of a do-anything-you-want game.” As she was questioned  on whether she was going to play the game, she replied that “I don’t plan on playing the game, but based off all the excitement, I’m sure the game will be a