Prom Reviews

Photo courtesy of Google images

May 7, 2016 was Lafayette’s prom and students had mixed feelings and critiques about the night. The roaring 20’s-themed event filled students with both positive and negative emotions. Many students agreed that, while individual reactions to the accoutrements and details of the event itself varied, an after prom would have made for a better night. Also, a majority of the students interviewed said the choice of music was not satisfactory, although everyone found something to enjoy.   Pleasing everyone, all the time, is famously impossible; these students weighed in with their opinions after attending LHS’s 2016 Prom.

"It was fun but they could've played better music and had better food. But the decorations were good."
Photo courtesy of Taylor Hammett
Taylor Hammett, Sophomore.  “It was fun but they could have played better music and had better food. But the decorations were good.”

Rayquan Jones, Junior "It was whack, It could have had better dance music."
Photo courtesy of Rayquan Jones
Rayquan Jones, Junior
“It was whack, It could have had better dance music.”

Emily Anderson, Junior "I didn't go because it was too expensive and I didn't hear good things about it last year."
Photo courtesy of Emily Anderson
Emily Anderson, Junior
“I didn’t go because it was too expensive and I didn’t hear good things about it last year.”
Cheyton Pine, Senior "The music could have been better but the location was good and it was overall alright."
Photo courtesy of Cheyton Pine
Cheyton Pine, Senior
“The music could have been better but the location was good and it was overall alright.”