Netflix Binge Season

Any Season Is Perfect For Watching Netflix

Lucas Elder

Will Darling, enjoying an episode of Netflix’s hit-TV shows, The Office, in class.

Winter is the perfect time to watch Netflix, what with long nights and cold days designed for keeping warm and semi-hibernation.  However, being stuck inside with the rain, waiting for cold to give way to springtime warmth and sun isn’t all bad, either—the “Netflix Zone” is still in full effect! Netflix has a variety of over 1,400 TV shows with close to 50,000 episodes of TV.  Many of these shows are perfect to watch over and over.

The Office is one of the most watched shows on Netflix and is known worldwide. A hit-comedy TV show about a paper company called Dunder Mifflin, run by manager Michael Scott (Steve Carrell), “The Office” is fully bingeable. It is beloved for its over-exaggerated characters, awkward situations, and corny jokes. Re-watching The Office is perfect for anyone who enjoys an easy show to follow with a dynamic humor.

Netlix’s classic red and black logo captures attention for all individuals

Another binge-friendly show is “Malcom in the Middle.” This throwback TV show about a not so average suburban family hooks viewers with the first episode. The main character, Malcom (played by Frankie Muniz), shows the difficulty of growing up in a stress-filled family. Malcom is a gifted student in school and is considered a child genius, yet is surrounded by a below-average family. The show takes viewers through his high school struggles and adventures.

Many people do not have access to Netflix; therefore, they find alternative sources for watching their favorite films. A great rainy Sunday afternoon film is Project X, a comedy film about three nerdy high school kids trying to become popular. An opportunity arises when Thomas Kub, the protagonist, throws a high school party and invites the whole school. Side-kicked by his two best friends, Costa and J. B., the three best friends face multiple conflicts and the consequences end up being dire. Thomas Kub’s party becomes wild and out of control and his house ends up burning to the ground. The film provides a moral showing that being “popular” in high school isn’t everything.

Winter, Spring, Summer or Fall…there’s really no bad time to watch Netflix’s most bingeable series.