Spirit Week 2017

Spirit Week is always hotly anticipated at Lafayette High School. These five days of creativity and excitement are always something that students enjoy. This year, Spirit Week begins October 9th and extends through the 13th. For the entire week, the school will be filled with numerous amazing costumes and outfits that fit the Spirit Week themes.

On Monday, October 9th, the theme of the day is “America Monday.” Students can dress up in red, white, and blue to show patriotism at school. Outfits can be as simple by just wearing the colors of the flag, or they can be slightly different such as an American eagle, Uncle Sam, or a President.

Tuesday, October 10th is “Twin Tuesday.” Students will dress up in similar clothes or even as twins from TV shows or movies. Twin Tuesday ideas can be as complex as Zach and Cody or as simple as wearing the same outfit with a friend.

Jessica Poley
The spirit week poster displays the themes for each day above the ramp so students can prepare for next week.

Wednesday, October 11th has the theme “Way Back Wednesday.”  This theme has many different options, for students can dress up in outfits from their favorite decade such as the 50s, 70s, and 80s. Everyone can have fun with different hairstyles and overall style from numerous decades.

On Thursday, October 12th, the theme is “Team Thursday.” Students are invited to wear jerseys from their favorite sports team or fictional team. Sports teams can be from the NFL, NBA, NHL, or simply local teams.

Finally, Friday, October 13th is “Ram Pride Day.” Students will come to school wearing their class color to show school spirit. Freshman should wear yellow, sophomores wear white, juniors wear blue, and seniors will wear red. There will be a pep rally during school and an exciting football game where the Homecoming Court will be presented on Friday evening as well.

Every year students impress by putting their own style and spin into their Spirit Week outfits. Fun and creativity are the watchwords for this upcoming week.