Rams United?

Bullying Prevention and What Lafayette is Doing to Prevent Bullying
Rams+United%3F

From bullying to pressuring someone to hurt themselves, bullying comes in different ways, from in person to online, but what is it and what does it do to the person being bullied? Bullying is when someone actively torments, hurts, and tries to damage a person. This happens in many ways; this can happen in person and online. Bullying makes people feel like they are different than they are and makes them feel like they are worthless. Bullying can cause others to feel excluded and feel like they don’t belong in the environment they are in. To stop this, we need to prevent bullying and understand how it hurts people.

A change is needed, bullying should not be normalized. This photo is to show that bullying should not be an option instead being a friend should be the main priority. This photo was taken from WIkiMedia
A kid is getting bullied and feels sad about it. This shows the side effects of bullying. This photo was taken from wikimedia

Schools should let everyone know about being kind and helping those who are bullied is also important. Bullying can make people feel sad, scared, and lonely. It can also make it hard to do well in school or work. Sometimes, people who are bullied feel bad for a long time. They might feel like they cannot trust others or have problems with their feelings and sleep. Trust is needed in a community; trust is also lost when bullying happens and could be lost when someone doesn’t talk about them being bullied.

Words can hurt, words are used to bully, these are only a small percent of words used to bully. This is to show the side effects of bullying and the hurtful words used. This photo was taken from WikiMedia

Today, bullying can also happen online, which can make things even worse. When people are mean on the internet, it can make those who are bullied feel very alone and hopeless. So, we need to stop online bullying too. Bullying doesn’t just affect the person who is bullied. It can make families and communities feel upset too. Bullying can have further endings; some can lead to suicide and often lead to someone hurting themselves or excluding themselves. That’s why it’s important for everyone to work together to stop bullying and help those who are bullied.

In the end, we all need to work together to stop bullying. We need to be kind, learn about how to help, and make sure everyone feels safe and happy. By being friendly, teaching others, and supporting those who are hurt by bullying, we can make the world a better and kinder place for everyone. If you are being bullied, you should talk to someone and make sure that the bullying stops so nothing further happens to you or the bully. At our school, Lafayette high school, we recognize bullying prevention month, this upcoming week, we will be having many events that will show us actively trying to prevent bullying.

On Monday March 4th, 2024, we will be having a free Dunkin donut food truck giving out free donuts to students who go to the truck during lunch. Lafayette high school is also having a BMX show in the main Gym on Monday to also give students an entertaining show to prevent bullying. Lafayette has done many things to prevent bullying over many past years including spirit day and wearing orange to show that everyone is united. Lafayette high school is the staple of being united and preventing bullying!