Herstory: Niveditha Kodoth

Student Spotlight for one of our 2024 seniors!
Photo courtesy of Niveditha Kodoth

With her warm smile, friendly demeanor, and insightful conversations, Niveditha Kodoth- or Nivi – is one of the many seniors that help make Lafayette High School a better place. The first time I met Niveditha was in my AP Literature class at the beginning of this year, and right away I could tell I wanted to be her friend. When we were given the task to spotlight a student, I could not think of a better candidate. Keep reading to find out some background info on Nivi!

Flag of the UAE!

B: Where are you from?/ Where is your family from?

N: My family is basically from India, but I was born in the United Arab Emirates

B: What is one adjective you’d describe your childhood with?

N: My childhood was really really fun, lowkey miss it 🙁

B: What is your favorite color? and what are the reasons why?

N: I love love love sage green right now because it is so calming and naturesque!

B: What is your favorite TV show or movie?

N: My favorite shows are Gilmore Girls and Grey’s Anatomy

B: What are some activities or clubs you are a member of at Lafayette or the Williamsburg Area?

N: I am in Model United Nations, National Honor Society, French Honor Society, Women in STEM, the RAMbassadors, Scholastic Bowl, the Student Council Association, and I am also in a lot of other honor societies as well.

B: Besides being an active member, do you hold any leadership positions in these activities/clubs?

N: I am the vice-president of Model United Nations, vice-president of the National Honor Society, co-president of the French Honor Society, and  treasurer of Women in STEM!

B: What are your thoughts on senior year as of February?

N: Senior year has definitely been really stressful, but I have also had so much fun at the same time!

B: How was the college application process for you this past fall?

N: The college application process was sooo so scary and nerve-wracking, primarily because there was a lot of stuff going on during the October-November time. I also wanted to do Early Action for some schools so I was definitely worried I wouldn’t be able to submit those applications on time. Anyways, I am glad that it is over!

B: Congratulations on getting into and committing to Virginia Tech! It is such a great school and I am sure you will thrive there! What made you choose Virginia tech over other schools? 

N: Virginia Tech has such a pretty campus and their biology program is top-notch, and that is what I want to major in!

Go Hokies!

Hopefully you got a better sense of who Nivi is after reading this Spotlight! With so many leadership roles and activities, she sure stays busy during the school year. After chatting with Nivi about her life and opinions, I am more than confident she will continue to thrive as she moves on to college and a future in the biology field. She is very determined and an extremely kind person, and I hope you join me in cheering her on as we continue to witness her make herstory!