“Prom 2k16”

Prom 2k16

“The school year of 2015-2016 couldn’t have ended any better.”

There is no time to waste when it comes to prom night. Getting ready, taking plenty of pictures, and finalizing every little detail ahead of time defines prom night. Prom could either be a dream come true or nightmare disappointment, and Lafayette’s prom had many of its students in both categories.

The night of May 8th, 2016 students arrived in groups, others arrived in couples, and some came solo. They all arrived looking elegant, dazzling, and with their “perky party face” on. As students went through Trinkle Hall’s doors, all they could see was a massive crowd of other students on the dance floor busting moves, and the music on blast. There were rainbow colored lights as bright as flashlights bouncing off the walls, reflecting students moving rapidly to the rhythm of the song being played. Pictures were being taken all over, and I felt as if I was going blind from the camera flashes repeatedly glancing off my makeup- caked face. There were pictures taken outside, inside, on water bridges, in lovely gardens, and don’t forget booths! It felt like every student had their own photo-shoot that night.

According to senior Jorge Oroczo, “Prom was fun and I liked it.  Unfortunately I cannot say the same for the food they had provided for the students that night. It was not the best. Prom overall was pretty good.”

" More like beach waves"
Photo Courtesy of Joselyne Macias
” More like beach waves”
" That's my best friend!"
Jessy Alvarez
” That’s my best friend!”

“Overall prom was cool. I enjoyed taking lots of prom pictures at the beach with my friends and family. Only wished my best friend could have tagged along with me!”, said senior Joselyne Macias.

“Prom was unforgettable. Never did I think I would have taken so many pictures in one night! I had a fun night at prom with my friends, and my classmates. It was just surreal, and I will remember my senior

" Going trio to prom couldn't have gone better"
Photo courtesy of Moya Breakcliffe
“Going trio to prom couldn’t have gone better”

prom”, said senior Moya Breakcliffe.

As the night wore on, students began to slow down with the foods, drinks, and the dancing. The music began to switch up to slow dancing, which made it easier for students to take breaks. Students began to leave after King and Queen was announced, heading off to their own plans for after prom. Overall, prom night left many students with smiles and laughs. Great memories were made and new relationships were forged. Prom 2k16 was lit.