The End of the Holloman Era

Thanos has snapped his fingers and made Lafayette's head administrator disappear.

Back to Article
Back to Article

The End of the Holloman Era

Dr. Holloman is now out of Lafayette. How is the student body reacting, and what was her legacy on Lafayette?

The biggest news story of the school year has just broken: Lafayette High school Principal, Dr. Holloman has resigned, after two years as principal! Seemingly out of nowhere she has left office, with no warning or reasoning as to why. Due to the sensitive nature of the topic, some questions will be avoided as we tackle this latest development in this week’s podcast.  In three sections Aaron, Mike, and Ryan discuss policies and rules put in place that the student body had received well, and some received not so well, as well as speak to various members of the LHS community to get their take on the situation. Afterward, listen on as some roaming interviews will uncover perspectives of the LHS community!

What was done well

What was done and received not so well

Interviews

• As an incentive for teachers Dr. Holloman gave teachers a slip of paper listing what they did and rewards they can earn from it. This award is most like a "Ram Star", for teachers who go above and beyond.

Aaron Adam

• The Ram is the first thing people see when you walk into Lafayette. This symbolizes the strong school spirit we are known to have in past years.

Aaron Adam

• One of Dr. Hollomans last acts as principal was moving the morning announcements to before second block. Something the senior class has wanted since the beginning of the school year, due to the majority of the class not having a first block and not having to go to AEP.

Aaron Adam

• The Aux Gym has been sought after for many years by the Lafayette community. Lafayette was the last of the WJCC High schools to get a secondary gym. This gym is possibly the largest legacy left by Dr. Holloman.

Aaron Adam

• The Lafayette car line has always been an issue, with bthe morning always full of angry parents waiting to drop their kids off, or students trying to rush out of the school at the end of the day. This was something Dr. Holloman tried to fix as it was one of her key issues.

Aaron Adam