Murder at Radford

Tragedy strikes at local Virginia college

The logo of Radford University drawn with the color red just as the apartment of the two students was on the morning of January 24.

On Thursday, January 24, police were called to a students apartment complex around 7:45 a.m. at Radford University. When police arrived they were shocked. They walked in on Luisa Cutting covered in blood and standing over her dead roommate, Alexa Cannon.

Cutting immediately placed her hands behind her back and said, “Arrest me.”

According to Mike Gangloff of The Roanoke Times, police asked why and Cutting replied, “I killed her.” The body of Alexa Cannon was gruesomely ripped apart. Her body laid on the floor after suffering around 40 stab wounds with a butchers knife, which was left in the mouth.

Lucas Elder, a student at Lafayette, reads the horrible news of a murder at Radford University on the 24th of January.

After a police search warrant, police seized pills, smoking devices, and grinders all in Cutting’s bedroom. They also found a brown chalky substance in the kitchen. It was assumed that Cutting may have had a problem with drugs. Her friends seemed baffled by this crime because she was known to be a good student and a good friend. Shelton Lewis, a junior at Radford told told WDBJ, “I’m lost for words, to be honest.” He added, “I really wanna know what was the motive behind it because they were best friends since freshman year.” The three juniors were planning to graduate in the spring of 2020.