Over the River and Through the Woods

Midwinter Theatrical tour-de-force at LHS!

Lexi King

This show was a huge hit with the students and the community.

This is the Over the River cast getting ready a few hours before the first show! (Lexi King )

This past weekend Lafayette’s Theatre Company put on a hilarious performance of the show Over the River and Through the Woods. This spectacular comedy is a warm-hearted, boisterously funny, and touching story about intergenerational relationships, deep familial love, and the inevitable little heartbreaks that occur as time passes and children grow. Joe DiPietro’s intimate family comedy is beloved in theatre’s all over the country. It is open to all ages, and it is a show that you will never forget.

This is the amazing senior cast of Over the River and Through the Woods!

The cast was truly remarkable and blew the audience away. Suzan McCorry, the incredible theatre teacher and director for Lafayette, wanted to dedicate this show to the seniors who have given so much time and effort into theatre. The cast was made up of 5 fabulous seniors Ashleigh Dale who played Emma, LT Centolanza who was Frank, Reagan Schlimme who played Aida, Davis Brewer who was Nick, and Isaac Kelce who played Nunzio. She also featured a junior Madison Walk, who played the part Caitlyn O’Hare, who has been in many productions and was the perfect fit to make this a wonderful cast.

The cast and crew have been working hard to make this a wonderful production since November of 2022. This was no easy task since many of the students involved with the show were also involved with other theatrical things like Forensics and the spring musical BIG FISH which will be showcased April 27th-30th. However, the Lafayette Theatre company has never failed to rise to the occasion. It took many long hours and a few Saturday rehearsals to put it all together, but the end result was fantastic.

This is Ashleigh Dale after one of the performances with Lexi King; savoring every moment of this incredible experience. (Claudia Gilbert )

Opening night was on Friday, February 10th and it was very special since this is the last winter show the seniors will ever do. The next two nights went just as well as the first and on Sunday, February 12th there was a special recognition the seniors for all the effort they put into this show and their theatre career.  The three other seniors who were recognized along with Ashleigh, LT, Reagan, Davis and Isaac were Kiera Butler, Katie Orlowski, and Anilaidy Nunez, who put so much time and effort into theatre and were stage crew for this production. These seniors have definitely set the bar for future productions and will definitely be missed as they go off to college and jobs.

This isn’t the end of shows this school year for the Lafayette Theatre Company. As mentioned before, the Musical is just around the corner and the cast and crew already put in countless hours to make this a production worth your while. To follow, each grade will put on their own One Acts and compete to see whose the best is! Last year, Madison Walk was the director for the sophomores, won best director, and were the winners of this competition. Everyone is very excited for everything that’s coming and to get you tickets to the Spring Musical just click on the link!