Lafayette Student Council is alive and well

With the return to in person learning the SCA is working to improve the unconventional year for students at LHS

Skyler Smith

LHS students have been participating in in-person learning now since the beginning of March

Being back learning in person has brought new life to many aspects of LHS and school extracurriculars are no exception. The Lafayette Student Council is now holding virtual meetings and beginning to plan activities for the LHS student body. With the upcoming Spring Shenanigans event in March as well as upcoming student council elections for the remainder of the 2020-2021 school year as well as the 2021-2022 school year the SCA is now back in action.

This will be the first spirit week LHS has had in person this school year

On the week of March 22nd to March 25th the LHS SCA is putting on Spring Shenanigans in lead up to the football game that weekend. There will be two spirit days so the experience will be similar for students from both the green and blue groups. Monday and Wednesday are class colors day where students will dress up and show their class spirit along with other members of their grade. The colors of each grade are as follows, Freshman: Yellow, Sophomore: White, Juniors: Navy, and Seniors: Red. On Tuesday and Thursday the theme is Throwback, so choose your decade and represent history to show our school spirit.

Many officials are anticipating that the 2021-22 school year will be starting the transition into a post-covid world

Student Council elections are right around the corner and this could be your opportunity to help represent your class in a variety of ways from fundraising to helping plan school dances and spirit weeks. This is your chance to get involved with the student body and help make LHS more suited to it’s students. Class Officers need to maintain a C average and be willing and responsible to show up to meetings and put in the work to fully fulfill the responsibility of their position. There are 5 officer positions that eligible students can run for, President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, and Historian. Not only can you be bettering your school but being a member of SCA looks great on applications and shows that you are a proven leader. The application for SCA is due by Thursday March 25th and elections will be held March 29th- March 31st. If you have any questions more information can be found on your class page under the Ram Nation Communication Tile in VUE or you can talk to your class sponsor.

With the opportunities coming up there are many ways for you to get involved with your school and become an active member in contributing to the school spirit here at Lafayette.